Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Trying out hair- Victorian inspired

Taking all the styles I had looked at into consideration I wanted to create quite big and eccentric looks but that were also intricate:
I began by brushing the hair, I didn’t take time to separate the hair into a parting because the front of the hair was meant to be smooth.
I then used curling tongs to curl each part of the hair, I tried to curl the hair in small sections rather than big chunks.
Then I began to back comb all of the hair from the end of hair to the root, making sure that I left a few pieces of curled hair at the front of the head untouched.
Once all of the hair is backcombed I brushed it into a ponytail. When doing this I didn’t brush the hair hard so that the hair was frizzy I just used a paddle brush the scoop the hair into a ponytail; with the ponytail it is not meant to be held tight. Just lightly held.
Once I had all the hair scooped into my hand I pushed the hair forward slightly so that the hair becomes puffed up and large from the front.
Then I twisted the ponytail into a bun and folded under itself and pinned it into place with Kirby grips.
Then using the end of the pin tail comb I slid it through the side of the hair and lightly pulled it forward so that it became more bouffant.

Lastly, I wrapped the beaded ribbed around the head but with spaces in between so it gave the effect of layers.





















From creating this look I came a step closer to how I wanted my Estella hair to look like. I used the beads to emphasise the wealth of the person with the hairstyle. I wanted to create height at the back of the head which was fairly simple but I need to think about how it will work with someone with heavier hair. I enjoyed creating this hairstyle because it has different sections which makes it interesting to look at. However, I feel like I could have made the back of the hair smoother by using a comb and some moose or hairspray just to even it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment