To create the Estella look it was
very simple because she didn’t wear a lot of make-up.
After I researched into
Victorian make-up I saw that it was a very provocative thing to wear make-up. I
was trying to create an adolescent Estella which, in the book, was a time when
she started to show a higher interest in men.
I began by applying a foundation
base that was pale mixed with a neutral base colour.
I blended the foundation out so
it made it look like my model didn’t have any make-up on.
I then concealed under the eyes
of my model because I wanted her skin to look flawless.
I then chose a grease based
blushed and applied it to my model using a contouring brush- I didn’t apply it
too heavily because I wanted it to look natural.
I then powdered the skin to set
the make-up.
Using the same blusher I applied
this to the lips with a lip brush so it was a natural but pink colour.
I wanted to add something a
little different so I used my brown eyebrow pencil to dot small freckles around
and over the nose to make my model look a little quirky.
One thing that made this shoot particularly difficult was the fact that it had to be in black and white. Which doesn't sound difficult but because the images are monotone the detail can be lost. So any make-up that was done had to be emphasised, which I didn't take into consideration. I used my eyebrow pencil to add freckles to the face and I didn't want them to look too harsh and unrealistic so I didn't do them very dark so when you look at the images you can't see them very well. Another thing that I was disappointed with was the fact that I had to change the hairstyle last minute because the hair was too heavy for my original design which meant the sponge didn't sit in the right position. Other than that I feel I achieved a good Victorian look with a good concept of the age of my Estella.



No comments:
Post a Comment