I found there were some variations to my original design though.
Firstly, the model that I had originally chosen was absolutely perfect and was also slightly intertwined in the drawing of my model. She absolutely loves horror and had the perfect features and skin for my look but was not available when it came to doing the look. So I chose a different model who usually has long hair so I was worried the short hair would not suit her but she ended up being really responsive to the poses I was giving her and really understood the role.
When creating my burn there were several items such as spirit gum and red gelatine that I didn't have so I had to compromise and use duo glue instead of spirit gum and red jelly instead of gelatine. I was so worried that they weren't going to look the same but they came out really well, if not better.
I also found that with the wig I wanted to have a short bob but there weren't any available to me so I had to get a longer one and then cut it. But by cutting it unevenly it made the look work so well.
Lastly, I wanted to have the writing on Claudia to be small type writing but I couldn't get hold of a stencil that was the right text so I ended up using random script letter all over her and it looked really effective.
It taught me to have a positive outlook on my idea despite their being hiccups because the look was so exact to my original plans.
Quentin's design was already simple to begin with so there wasn't much room for change. However I wanted my model to convey sadness, although he was just part of Claudia's imagination I still wanted him to play the victim but have a sense of handsomeness about him.
I wanted my Quentin to have a beard, but the model I chose had a mixture of blonde and black hair so creating a stubble that look realistic was particularly hard, therefore, the beard looked slightly ginger. I managed to cover most of it up with the burn as well as the sprayed writing but I was still disappointed with that.
One thing I would have liked was to be able to shoot my models together because that would have really added to the storyline. However, I couldn't get them together at the same time but it would have really emphasised the dynamics between them.
Other than that I found my Quentin was again so exact to my original drawings so it has really worked well with my storyline.
I think if I were to improve both images it would have been to make the shoot warmer in colour. I feel the colour of the images doesn't match the idea of a fire so I would have used light better in my images.
No comments:
Post a Comment