Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Miss Havisham came to life...

I intended to post the Miss Havisham images two weeks apart, however, I felt that if I put them in the same post you could see the difference between the two.

Despite my face chart I thought I would add in a step by step instruction of how I did the actual Miss Havisham look...

I began by giving my model tired eyes, with bags. Using a mixture of red, green and yellow I created the perfect brown to discolour the bags under her eyes.

I then used the dark red and moisturising and dapped this mixture onto the cheeks, chin, forehead and nose.

I then mixed together the rich liquid foundation and some powder and applied this to the eyebrows with a mascara wand.

I then padded the same mixture onto the lips and then dusted the lips with a light powder blusher.

I then applied Calomine lotion to areas of the face using a cotton pad to dry the skin out and make it look white as if it had been attempted to cover up or treated.

Once this had dried I applied latex to a couple of areas on the face- as it dried I pulled at it to try and make it gape and move.

I then applied duo glue around the nostrils and onto the lips and in the corner of the mouth, again, as they were drying I moved them around to make them appear dry.

I added glycerine to the forehead and nose so that my model appears sweaty.

I then sprayed water around the hairline and stick pieces of the hair to the face.

Creating this look again but two weeks apart seemed like a difficult task but I took lots of images and stuck to my face chart so it made it easy to follow.

The outcome was very much the same.

First attempt



Two weeks later





As you can see from the two images I managed to re-create the same look pretty well with two weeks apart. I had the disadvantage that my model was being used by another artist just before me so I had to rely on her re-creating her hair exactly the same because I didn't have enough time to clean the hair. I noticed that in the images I had placed the veil further forward in my second image. One thing that is noticeably different in both images is the lighting but that is due to the photographs being taken in different locations on each of the weeks. I feel that I followed the face chart and copied the images from the first week as well as I could and they had a similar outcome. If I were change anything it would have been to note down any changes I made in the first week because I know I changed or added some things in the first week which were difficult to remember when it came to doing the look two weeks later.

I also took some images of the hair that I created in the first week just to show how the French pleat inspired my look...



By curling the hair and backcombing the hair I managed to give it height and buoyancy which is what I wanted. But I also left strands hanging loose so that it looked untidy. I felt this style was perfect because Miss Havisham is meant to be in the same clothes and style as she was on her wedding day but just withered. So this hairstyle suggests elegance. 










No comments:

Post a Comment