Monday, 3 March 2014

Miss Havisham Research

When researching Miss Havisham there are lots of variables to consider. There are more than a few variations and adaptations of Miss Havisham so it makes it easier to create your own idea.

Thinking about the context of the time it would seem that Miss Havisham was really old but really she may only be what we consider to be 'middle aged'. Each of the television or film productions show her in a different light so I decided to collect images that I thought would be a good reference in creating my face charts.

The images I found were very contemporary. But I feel like, although this is a historical outcome we can include modern aspects, as long as it is fitting with the brief.


I love this image because it is so typical of what I imagine a young Miss Havisham to be like. Her character description suggests she was very extravagant and very rich. This image screams MISS HAVISHAM! It is a very high fashion photograph but it is nice to have a picture in my head of what she was like before she was jilted. 



 This photo is really unusually but I love the colours. I thought I could use this as a rough starting point for the eye make-up. Miss Havisham has spent a large part of her life inside thinking about that one day. She would be tired, her eyes would be puffy and red. Now you can see why this image was relevant.



 This image was a lot more to do with her emotion and her styling. I want to create empathy with my look, but still the idea that she was once beautiful and full of life. This photo could be an interpretataion of Miss Havisham purely because of the look on her face and the black veil. REALLY LOVE IT!

 

Yes I know... I LOVE MY BLACK LACE! I bought it so I am perfectly entitled to use it at every opportunity. No, I just think lace is such a powerful statement. This image really spoke to me because it gave a darkened, dead vibe. I think this could be an alternative to Miss Havisham. The perfect skin, the red lips and black lace gives off more of a seductress vibe thoug. But still, can't go wrong with black lace!


No comments:

Post a Comment