What does your silhouette say about your hair?
How does light affect the hairstyle?
When thinking about a character in fashion shows, theatre, film and television it is important to think about how you want light to manipulate them.
Using a silhouette to define a character is so dramatic because all you see is the outline. So no intricate details in the face can be seen. It is purely down to the outline!
When thinking about Miss Havisham she has the characteristics of a withered yet feared woman. Her hair was once strong and beautiful but over time it has deteriorated. It would have been full of voluptuous curls but are now frizzy and dusty.
Estella on the other hand has very neat and prim hair. A common hair style for girls of a young age was ringlets in a half up, half down do. As the women got older their hair would eventually end up in an up-do.
It is actually proving fairly difficult to some up a character in a hair-do that will only be a silhouette.
These are some images I found on Pinterest. I'm totally new to Pinterest and I absolutely LOVE it. I have been finding all of my research images on their but these are my favourite silhouette photos...
Estella on the other hand has very neat and prim hair. A common hair style for girls of a young age was ringlets in a half up, half down do. As the women got older their hair would eventually end up in an up-do.
It is actually proving fairly difficult to some up a character in a hair-do that will only be a silhouette.
These are some images I found on Pinterest. I'm totally new to Pinterest and I absolutely LOVE it. I have been finding all of my research images on their but these are my favourite silhouette photos...




No comments:
Post a Comment